Volunteer for Welcome Week!
APPLY right here! (Deadline is May 5th for 1st priority of volunteers)
Welcome Week Volunteers create a welcoming and inclusive environment during Welcome Week by leading a small group of 20-25 new students and help facilitate ("behind the scenes") events during Welcome Week.
Welcome Week (August 21-24, 2024) focuses on providing a quality transitional experience for new students and helps them prepare for their life at UMD through planning, exploring campus, building community, and participating in campus traditions.
A key component of Welcome Week is the small group experience which is led by a large team of volunteer Welcome Week Leaders.
Benefits of being a Welcome Week volunteer:
- Make connections with other student leaders on campus
- Leadership development and career skills
- Receive unique Welcome Week clothing, swag bag, and other fun things!
- Meals provided during training and Welcome Week program
- Support the incoming Class of 2028 and Transfer Students as they transition to UMD
Again, interested UMD students can apply by filling out this online form. We're taking volunteers right up until the week before Bulldog Welcome Week!
Questions? Hit us up @ [email protected].