All current UMD students can reserve a meeting room in Kirby Student Center during staffed building hours for individual or small group study purposes. We expect study room users to behave in a manner consistent with the UMD Student Conduct Code, the University of Minnesota Board of Regents Student Code of Conduct (PDF) and prevailing community standards.
- A study room may be booked for up to 3 hours per day per student via Mazevo. Instructions on how to use Mazevo are here. If you have any issues, email [email protected] or stop at the Kirby Welcome Desk. Name the event “Study Room” and select “Student Study Room” as the organization.
- Reservations approved during the week will receive a confirmation email. Reservations made on the weekend can proceed as requested by checking in at the Kirby Welcome Desk. Name the event “Study Room” and select “Student Study Room” as the organization. UCard required to check out a key.
- Reservations are for the current day. Future reservations cannot be made in advance. If students need to schedule a study space beyond the current day, they can book a study room in the Kathryn A. Martin Library.
- Student study rooms include The Studio, Garage, or St. Louis River Room. The Studio or Garage should be utilized first. Capacity limits must be followed.
- Room key can be picked up at the Kirby Welcome Desk and returned to the Welcome Desk by the end of the reservation time.
- If the room key is not picked up during the first 15 minutes of the reservation, the reservation will be cancelled.
Study Room Rules
- Student must be in the room for the duration of reservation versus coming and going throughout the reservation.
- Lights must remain on during the reservation.
- Room must be left clean; remove garbage and wipe down tables if eating while in the meeting space.
- When a key is lost or not returned, Kirby Student Center has the discretion to charge key replacement costs to the individual who booked the room.
- Please do not leave the room key in the lock during your reservation.
- The following activities are not allowed in the study rooms: sleeping, painting, holding office hours or regularly scheduled meetings, conducting recruitment sessions, hanging out with friends, soliciting, or engaging in activities that are disruptive to others.
- It is a privilege to use Kirby meeting rooms for study purposes. Behaviors that do not comply with these guidelines or the Student Code of Conduct will result in the privilege being revoked.
For more information:
Address comments, questions or concerns about this policy to: