Volunteer as a Welcome Leader or Event Staff!
APPLY right here! (Deadline is May 6th for 1st priority of volunteers)
Welcome Week Leaders are a team of volunteers who help create a welcoming and inclusive environment during Welcome Week by leading a small group of 20-25 new students.
Welcome Week Events Staff are volunteers who will help facilitate ("behind the scenes") events during Welcome Week.
Welcome Week (August 25-28, 2022) focuses on providing a quality transitional experience for new students and helps them prepare for their life at UMD through planning, exploring campus, building community, and participating in campus traditions.
A key component of Welcome Week is the small group experience which is led by a large team of volunteer Welcome Week Leaders.
Benefits of being a Welcome Week volunteer:
- Make connections with other student leaders on campus
- Receive training on topics such as small group facilitation, campus resources, inclusion, and leadership development
- Receive unique Welcome Week t-shirts and other fun swag
- Selected meals provided during training and Welcome Week program
- Support the incoming Class of 2026 and Transfer Students as they transition to UMD
Again, interested UMD students can apply by filling out this online form. We're taking volunteers right up until the week before Bulldog Welcome Week!
Questions? Hit us up @ [email protected].